Explore this high quality, open source curriculum through our interactive Professional Learning. Immerse your teachers in the learning and practice techniques that will transform the science classrooms in your district. OpenSciEd provides high-quality, locally adaptable materials that support equitable science learning. Massachusetts is one of 10 partner states that helped to create these open-source, K-12 science instructional materials, addressing the need for science instructional materials designed for the Next General Science Standards (NGSS) and the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
Our OpenSciEd Professional Learning Programs for your teachers can include curriculum topic study, strand map analysis, and collaboration with Wade Institute’s science partners in your region, providing your teachers with access to science content specialists.
Unit-specific deep dives are included in all our Launch Professional Learning. We focus on the unit your teachers select for their introduction to OpenSciEd. We can incorporate introductory units using the OpenSciEd Scope and Sequence, OR use the DESE OpenSciEd Scope and Sequence.
With the Wade Institute for Science Education’s OpenSciEd Professional Learning, your teachers will:
- explore Phenomena Based Learning and the Anchoring Phenomena Routine
- receive both science and pedagogical support
- launch OpenSciEd at your school or in your district
- support both teachers and administration in the identification and implementation of OpenSciEd aligned formative and summative assessment
- dive deep into individual OpenSciEd units