Wade Institute Customized Professional Learning Services
Promoting science instruction that engages the curiosity and wonder of students and inspires teachers!
The staff of the Wade Institute for Science Education (formerly the Museum Institute for Teaching Science, or MITS) knows that the professional development and curriculum needs of schools and teachers vary. To address these needs, the Wade Institute offers its Customized Professional Learning Services program to bring our expertise directly to your school. By consulting with school and school-district administrators and educators, the Wade Institute prepares a professional learning program that is responsive to identified needs. The Education Specialists who deliver our programs maintain ongoing communications with teachers and administrators to ensure that our programs are responsive and effective.
Wade Institute Customized Professional Learning Services…
- provide professional learning experiences tailored to teachers’ needs within a school or district
- support districts’ efforts to implement the 2016 MA Science and Technology/Engineering Framework
- model the use of the Science and Engineering Practices for instruction and assessment
- apply inquiry-based science instruction principles
- foster teachers’ use of inquiry-based, hands-on instruction and assessment
- support school-based initiatives to strengthen science instruction and assessment
- use a variety of scheduling options to offer sustained learning experiences to promote lasting change
- provide scientific content relevant to the Disciplinary Core Ideas
The educators at the Wade Institute who design, develop and deliver the Customized Professional Learning Services programs are…
- highly credentialed and experienced K-12 science education specialists
- skilled in the use of inquiry-based, hands-on science instruction
- responsive to identified professional learning needs
- well-versed in the Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards
- available to work directly with classroom teachers to support their implementation of inquiry-based instruction and the Science and Engineering Practices
Customized Professional Learning Services Testimonials:
“This has been the most helpful PD I’ve experienced. The info was clear and direct, examples were relevant and directly applicable, and you were both more than aware of time consideration as teachers.” -Norwood Public Schools Teacher
“The most significant ideas/experiences I will take away from this PD are using the open-ended exploration as an extension to the topics/units to allow the children to explore their own ideas.” -Walpole Public Schools Teacher
“I think you all did a great job. I felt respected as an educator. Something I really value in a PD.” -Norwood Public Schools Teacher
“Having us do hands-on projects definitely creates excitement and allows us to generate ideas on how we can incorporate more hands-on science.” -Dighton-Rehoboth Public Schools Teacher
“The interactive and collaborative nature made the training relevant and meaningful. I felt the design of the workshop modeled the approach we should take with our students.” – Swansea Public Schools Teacher
The Wade Institute encourages districts interested in partnering with each other to bring these professional learning experiences to their teachers to contact us. Partnering with other schools fosters teacher collaboration, enriches the learning environment and can make the PD more cost-effective!
For more information…
Visit our Customized Professional Learning Services Education Specialists page to learn more about the educators preparing and delivering your Customized Professional Learning Services program.
Contact the Wade Institute’s Executive Director, Sandra Ryack-Bell, at email@example.com or 617-328-1515 to learn more about how we can help your school or district enrich the science learning experiences of your students through customized professional learning for your teachers.